While sitting down to begin working (besides just thinking about the writing project) on The Care and Feeding of the Adult Human, I found this book chapter, from The Care and Feeding of Human Genius [PDF]. I love it! A great worksheet of self exploration.
This weekend is WordCamp in Milwaukee. Interesting so far. I’ve arrived with questions about my site. I’m spending the day learning about my blog.
Spending the day learning and practicing my drawing skills.
A neologism is a newly coined word or phrase that may be in the process of entering common use, but has not yet been accepted into mainstream language. Neologisms are often directly attributable to a specific person, publication, period, or event.
Conflation occurs when the identities of two or more individuals, concepts, or places, sharing some characteristics of one another, become confused until there seems to be only a single identity — the differences appear to become lost.
Immersion is the state of consciousness where an immersant’s awareness of physical self is diminished or lost by being surrounded in an engrossing total environment; often artificial. This mental state is frequently accompanied with spatial excess, intense focus, a distorted sense of time, and effortless action.[
Migration to WordPress
While mentoring someone about HTML and CSS, I was exposed to WordPress for the first time. Since Blogger no longer supports FTP and my ISP uses cPanel, I decided to experiment with a WordPress blog.
“There’s a lot of things you know, that other people don’t know.”
-Richard C Hamann
- I went and stood in the rain… I wanted to feel something different than what I was feeling inside.
- I’m grieving the loss of a relationship… the loss of my hope for what could have been… the hope for more [sex, contact, friendship]
- I stood in the rain to feel true aliveness… not the pain.
- I want to call a [different] guy and ask to come over to sleep with him.
- I am deciding, for now, to change the sheets…
- I’m angry that I bought these sheets for the lost relationship dude.
- I’m really really wanting to go back to the way things were… the just sleeping on the mattress pad. Why bother with the sheets?
- I’m really really wanting to take extra sleeping pills so I can stop the thoughts in my head… I want to zone out.
- I want to go running in the rain.
- I want to go spend the night at the gym and swim all night long until I meet with Kevin at 8:00am for my training appointment [maybe I can set the alarm and go early?]
- I want to scream.
- I want to tell the Dude off and say fuck you… how can we be friends? do we have anything to be friends about? what is in common? we just talked to one another. we never did anything together. shoulders to lean on. that’s all. ears. hugs. just sex
except for women… we get attached… the sex binds us… doesn’t matter that we have nothing in common.
- I want what I can’t have.
- I want something that isn’t even what I want… because I’m attached and the sex did that.
- how to stop wanting
- how to forget?
- how to heal?
- how to refocus?
- will the refouced activity just become something to be resentful about?
- I’m not in love with the guy… I’m just connected and attached and can’t stop wanting him
- I’m in that place… where I don’t know how to let him go; how do I move on?
oh and I did this to myself with my eyes wide open. what a fucking dork am I?
- one foot in front of the other… breathe… it’s what Tom Hank’s character said—something like that—to his friend in the movie Cast Away.
- I can’t cry!!! no. don’t cry. do not start with the tears. crying will just make it more real and will make your body ache and be sore, the eyes to ache, and give you a headache. So stop.
- go breathe…
- crank the music.
- count your blessings
- say your affirmations
- and those last too things are not me being possitive… it’s me trying to brainwash myself.
- wanting to call and leave voice mail for Jon
- wanting to put on some warmer clothes than what I had and go running/walking in the rain
- wanting to be struck by lightening.
- can’t get out from under the gloom of “not hearing from chad”… or basically, not having anything exciting to do this weekend.
Two days of dreariness… to be indured until the new work week starts. A work week that doesn’t hold much promise of being emotionally fulfilling.
- If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.
- Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
- For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.
- He who hesitates is probably right.
- Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.
- No one is listening until you make a mistake.
- Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.
- The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it.
- The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread.
- To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research.
- To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.
- Two wrongs are only the beginning.
- Work is accomplished by those employees who have not reached their level of incompetence.
- You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive. (The corollary is: You never learn to pray until your kids learn to drive!)
- The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
- Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
- The sooner you fall behind, the more time you’ll have to catch up.
- The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.
Morals from a Pile of Shit
Once upon a time, there was a non-conforming sparrow who decided not to fly south for the winter. However, soon the weather turned so cold that he reluctantly started to fly south.
In a short time ice began to form on his wings and he fell to earth in a barnyard. Almost frozen, a cow passed by and crapped on the little sparrow. The sparrow thought it was the end. But, the manure warmed him and defrosted his wings. Warm and happy, able to breathe, he started to sing. Just then, a large cat came by and hearing the chirping, investigated the sounds. The cat cleared away the manure, found the chirping bird and ate him.
Morals to the Story
- Everyone who shits on you is not necessarily your enemy.
- Everyone who gets you out of the shit is not necessarily your friend.
- And, if you’re warm and happy in a pile of shit, keep your mouth shut!!!